Saturday, September 11, 2010

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright

Or, rather, OK.


OK winner medal


Congratulations, you're OK! Maybe that's great, maybe it's a little cheeky; you decide. Available at the thimblewinder shop. I'm working on some more designs for these, and will be offering monogrammed ones (yes!!) very soon.

So what's the deal with the winner medals? Mostly I just like them. Also, in high school I had this penpal named Jeremy who lived in Massachusetts. He and his pals wrote this crazy zine called The Banana Revolution and gave out winner medals to deserving friends of the revolution. One autumn, Jeremy and his friend drove through my hometown on their way to see They Might Be Giants in New Haven, and called me from the pay phone at Walgreens to see if I wanted to hang out. My friend Liz and I met them at the Taco Bell next to the graveyard (Which sounds totally hot and dangerous, right? I can't believe my dad let me out of the house.), and they gave me a winner medal and took my soul. Just kidding about the soul part-- they were nice dudes, and we hung out in the parking lot and had awkward zinester conversation.

1 comment:

rosa murillo said...

I love this story! And also loved your first prize ribbons. Everyone should get a you're OK ribbon!