Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunshine Sometime

sunshine

It feels as though I've been drawing a lot lately, I just don't have a lot to show for it. This is a sketch I made over the winter, in efforts to make the winter blahs go away. Today I inked and painted it, and pretty soon it will be printed on notecards for me and mine and you and yours.

Right now I'm watching Beautiful Losers, a film about independent artists in the mid-1990s. It's amazing. I'm starting the part about Margaret Kilgallen, one of my biggest influences/inspirations, and it's just really great to see and hear her (and the other artists, too) talking about why they do this and where they're coming from. You know I draw swimmers, well, the other day I remembered Margaret painted some swimmers, too, and for a second it felt like such a tangible connection to someone I'll never get to meet, but whose art has influenced me for many, many years.

No comments: